Sorry we’re slow; look at some cats!

Hi! Josh here. We’re not dead, we’re just deeply, deeply distracted by other things, two of those things being Freyja and Frigg, our new kittens. (They are both girls, so “Mulder” & “Scully” was right out. But I’m sure Fox could come up with some way to tie Norse mythology into his theory about a case, to which Scully would be all like

Mulder, those are just myths, stories people told one another as a sort of shared cultural metacommentary on—

but then Mulder would interrupt her and be all

What if they aren’t just myths, though, Scully? What if Odin was, not a “god” fabricated by bored vikings, but a man, imbued through some accident of nature or paraphenomenon with the ability to command electricity itself?

and then Scully would all raise her eyebrow and shit but it’d turn out at the end of the episode that that’s exactly what was going on more or less, because Mulder always gets away with that kind of thing. Plus the blond electrified guest star would go by “Dino” and Scully would be playing with some scrabble tiles and figure out the anagram and have a moment of doubt.)

But anyway, we’ve got an episode coming up soon, I promise.

In the mean time, you should soothe the MBA-withdrawal by checking out this new site I built a couple weeks ago, called Look At This Cat. It’s a place where there are cats and you can look at them, and it’s another big part of why I’ve been distracted.

21 Comments »

1. Beau Said,

February 19, 2009 @ 7:21 am

Can’t wait for the next episode! Good thing cats are cute can’t blame you for getting distracted.

2. never used baby shoes Said,

February 19, 2009 @ 12:44 pm

Hmmm…wouldn’t it have been “Thor” imbued with ability to command electricity? Odin is the Norse god of war, death, poetry, and wisdom if I remember correctly.

Although it would be wicked to see an X-Files episode deal with a man imbued through some accident of nature or paraphenomenon with the ability to command poetry itself.

3. The Proprietors Said,

February 19, 2009 @ 12:47 pm

That’s the twist: it turns out Odin was Thor the whole time! He just disappeared for a few years and forged a new birth certificate. Eh? Eh?

4. never used baby shoes Said,

February 19, 2009 @ 2:07 pm

Oh sure, and next you’ll tell me that Scully is really Frigg, working to prevent Mulder from unraveling the whole hidden Norse god conspiracy. And that cancer man is Loki.

5. Shalora Said,

February 19, 2009 @ 11:55 pm

Bob would like you to know that the truth is out there.

About died when I saw that one! Seemed appropriate, linked from this blog.

Hey, when do we get pics of your kittens?

Wait, cancer man is LOKI? Didn’t know he even had a sense of humor! Then who’s Freya?

6. Calraigh Said,

February 21, 2009 @ 5:24 pm

Yeah, cats are great an’ all but I wanna see some M+S action.
    And maybe some Mulder and Scully if you get round to it.

STOP LOOKING AT CATS. THEY ARE EVIL AND THERE’S A REASON EGYPTIANS WORSHIPPED THEM.

Because they are scary. As fuck.

7. Esmeralda Said,

February 22, 2009 @ 10:54 pm

Those are marvelous names.

We will miss you until you return, and I for one will be waiting like a sailor’s widow- that is; mournfully at the top of some lighthouse every night gazing longingly off into the endless ocean and wondering when the hell you’re going to get back, cause dinner’s getting cold.

Or something like that.

8. Kate Said,

February 23, 2009 @ 4:59 pm

I got two girly cats over a decade ago, but called them Mulder and Scully anyway…Mulder’s still live and kicking and I think she loves her tom-boy name – it makes her feel tough around the other cats.
    Fabulous site by the way, feel so lucky I came across it – addictively funny! :-D

9. ResQ51Kmg365 Said,

February 28, 2009 @ 6:33 am

“Kitties should smell like kitties, not cigarettes”

My cats (both female) and of course you know the names passed away last year at age 14 and 15. But on a lighter note, enjoy your new meow meow kitties!

I can wait for the next episode, as I know how distracting shiny objects can be. I mean kitties.

10. deborah Said,

March 2, 2009 @ 2:07 am

Alright, I’m caught up with y’all episode-wise. Time to update!

*crosses arms across chest, taps foot*

11. Shalora Said,

March 4, 2009 @ 9:50 am

“But anyway, we’ve got an episode coming up soon, I promise.”

So… define soon. We need our fix here, guys! ;)

12. Chelly Said,

March 7, 2009 @ 7:20 pm

You crazy kids, and your empty promises. Just because we love you, doesn’t mean we’ll wait forever!

(<–Total lie. We will, in fact, wait forever.)

13. Suze Said,

March 15, 2009 @ 6:39 pm

I hope that the kitties are being super-extra-cute. My cat Owen and I will just have to rewatch our X-Files DVDs without your witty commentary in the meantime.

14. Esmeralda Said,

March 17, 2009 @ 8:07 pm

Hey! Post soon! We miss you!

15. Shalora Said,

March 17, 2009 @ 8:23 pm

*pokes with a big stick*

Okay, cats are cute. I even just submitted my Mickey being very shy. Now give us more X-Files! Pretty please with sugar on top?

16. Beau Said,

March 19, 2009 @ 8:32 am

Been visiting here everyday to check if there’s an update.. :(

Another post please.

17. Adam Said,

March 24, 2009 @ 9:17 am

Over a month between updates! Boooooooooooooooooo!

18. Maddie Cakes Said,

March 25, 2009 @ 6:30 pm

Every time i check here hoping for an update, a little part of me dies :(
    It cant end like this. This blog is too good.

19. The Proprietors Said,

March 27, 2009 @ 10:24 am

[Josh] Man, we’ve been all kinds of distracted.

I’ll tell you what. How about we post an update today? Because I’m thinking what we’ll do is post an update today.

An update that involves tattoos and possession and a superfluous insulin robbery, even.

20. The Proprietors Said,

March 27, 2009 @ 12:57 pm

[Angela] Hey, don’t boo us! And there’s pictures of our cats on flickr- here

21. Adam Said,