Swimwear by Eugene V. T. Fashions

Tooms sighting!

Police in Houston say a murder suspect who lost weight so he could escape from jail by squeezing through a vent has been caught taking a dip in a motel swimming pool.

Police say Darryl Layne Norris was back in custody Wednesday.

Yeah, “Darryl”. Sure. (Hat tip to Joel, our special agent in Massachusetts.)

9 Comments »

1. Ashley Said,

July 23, 2008 @ 4:57 pm

You guys, this was a tease. Cool, but a tease. Next episode, please?

2. Carl Caputo Said,

July 24, 2008 @ 12:39 am

Ashley speaks for me, too. One voice! Crying out to you for MORE!

3. R. Shackleford Said,

July 25, 2008 @ 1:06 am

Ha, I thought the exact same thing when I first saw this story on CNN. I pointed at the screen and yelled “OMG IT’S TOOMS!” but my wife didn’t get the reference.

4. It's Raining Florence Henderson Said,

July 25, 2008 @ 10:20 am

That’s no swimming pool. It’s Tooms’ spit bucket.

5. The Proprietors Said,

July 27, 2008 @ 3:58 pm

Utterly inconsequential spoiler alert:

There is a pool in the new movie omg.

6. Esmeralda Said,

July 27, 2008 @ 4:46 pm

*ACCUSATORY FINGER*
    Ah-HAH!

Well played Huston, but we know the TRUTH.
    Or we think we do, but it’s really convoluted and tied up with lots of grudges, personal vendettas, red tape, conspiracies, and classified documents.
    Just as soon as we’re done with litigations here we’ll have the truth. THEN you’ll see.

7. The Proprietors Said,

July 27, 2008 @ 8:08 pm

[Angela] IRFH: Ew, bilepool.

Also, yay for Special Agent Joel.

8. Chel Said,

August 1, 2008 @ 3:00 pm

I believe there was a man in overseas who already did that about a year ago. I hate to say it, but this guy’s a has been.

9. Chel Said,

August 1, 2008 @ 3:03 pm

And the pool in the new movie was not lost on me. I am pretty oblivious, but I did notice that one. It felt very reminscent of the show, didn’t it? They like their pools. (*can only think of first scene in “Duane Barry” and holds breath in anticipation of many number of future jokes*)

From a non-spoilery view (if that’s possible)–I’m curious, did you both enjoy the film? I’ve seen it three times so far, and I’ve enjoyed it, though I know there were some people who felt a bit left down.

RSS feed for comments on this post · TrackBack URI